Friday 15 March 2019

My Accident Story






The Hole in my Knee
February 2019
By Luka
I am learning to entertain my audience through a recount.

Have you ever had a hole in your knee with lots of blood spilling out everywhere and you screaming like someone died? Well that is exactly what happened to me. I was about 5 years old at the time and had a love of skateboarding and I thought it would be a good idea to do something pretty dangerous. Looking back now I know it was not and will never be a good idea.

It was a very normal Sunday at my Grandad’s house, my brother, my friends and I were playing around. We were having fun just skateboarding then my friend said, “Let's build a big ramp.” I yelled back agreeing with him, “Yeah! Let's do it.” I mean I could of said no but I was to excited, and come on what better way to entertain yourself then have a massive ramp to skate on.

However it sounded like a lot of fun but when we started building the ramp it actually was rather boring! Hours later in the evening it was finally ready… The ramp was built I thought it was the best thing I was ever going to do in my life. I was so focused, positioning myself at the top of the ramp, taking a big breath in, in my head the thought, “Let’s do this.” I yelled out to those at the bottom, “Here we go, 5,4,3,2,1 GO! Yeah! It was so fun until I pushed it too much… I wanted to do a flip. My brother and friends yelled out NO, as if they could stop me. Waving their arms back and forth, I waved back and lost control of the skateboard...

Aaahhh!!! I fell off the skateboard, trapping my foot under the ramp, hitting my knee hard onto the ground. Looking down, blood everywhere, a giant hole in my knee, people screaming at the sight. My mum and dad hearing the scream both came rushing out of my Grandad’s house. Picking me up, they rushed me to the car and we left so fast that we even went through orange / red light as we raced to home.

When we got home, my dad wrapped my knee in white bandages. It was really hard for me to sleep that night, and the following days to come. I think I have learnt my lesson from taking on a giant skateboard ramp.


No comments:

Post a Comment